book series highlight: mr. putter and tabby

Cynthia Rylant is a reliable children's author. I have always been pleased with her books that we checkout from the library.

Recently, we discovered her series about Mr. Putter and his cat Tabby. As his name implies, Mr. Putter, likes to live life slowly. He is a retiree who lives the quiet life, but each book finds him on an adventure with his neighbor, Mrs. Teaberry and her dog, Zeke.



Does that not sound exciting enough for you?

Well, adventure comes at any age, and the stories of these older characters give my five-year-old belly laughs.

Mr. Putter is his current favorite book character, and I've even been requested to draw him for some coloring time.

This is the first of Rylant's series I have enjoyed with my son, but the following were enjoyed in previous years with my daughter. I highly recommend them!
  • Cobble Street Cousins Series
  • The Lighthouse Family Series
  • Poppleton Series
  • The High Rise Private Eyes Series

Comments