a fall favorite


The previous owners of our home planted two Japanese Maple trees in the front yard next to the house. The one pictured above was planted in front of the living room windows. Over 12 years ago when we first  moved in the tree was about three feet tall and couldn't be viewed from the windows, easily at least. Now the tree is a good ten feet or more and has grown in such a way that it covers half of the view to the front. I don't mind that it blocks the view since I like the view of the tree better. I love the color of the leaves which change throughout the seasons and the curved branches themselves are so full of character. This is easily one of my favorite views at home in the autumn. Yesterday when I took the picture it was rainy, gray and dreary which only added to the wonderful ambiance of the view. 

Comments