The Week: A Hodge Podge of Thankfulness

This past weekend we shared an afternoon watching football with friends and eating some pumpkin cake. Oooooo-Yummy!

One morning my beaming daughter said, "Go look in your room" upon which I saw a sweet, rumpled, lovely act of service for this Mama. (Although compelled to smooth out the rumples of love, I left it "as is" all the live long day.)


On another morning after missing my early wake-up call to go to the gym (okay, honestly I just happily pushed the snooze button way too many times) and still needing to move it, move it the kids and I laced up our shoes and headed for the woods. Turns out a bit of sunshine, falling leaves, chirping birds, cool air  topped off with amiable companions rivals any before dawn gym excursion I might attempt.

The Cutest Hikers

My Little Adventurer

After promising my sweet daughter a visit THIS SATURDAY to the movie theater to see The Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole I come to find out it is leaving theaters this week. Upon further research, laced with anxiety and fear, I found one theater, ONE, showing it today. This Mama was rescued. And it was a good thing because my excited daughter had already made a flag in honor of her favorite character. (We diligently read the first three books in the series and this was a bit of a deal to go see the movie...turns out the movie wasn't as good as the books...I warned my Little Reader of this potential let down.)

We made Aunt Reba read the books
and watch the movie with us.
(Do you like the cheesy face and fingers of the little Ga'hoole fan?!)

Then add to all that goodness that I was also able to have a quiet moment to chat with a friend, and attend a dinner with other home school moms. (I took myself off photo duty for those events!) I can tell you those blessings don't come every week - true treasures!

These are simply everyday happenings spent with people God has placed in my life, but I ooze with thankfulness for the grace to live these moments right now. 

I have dwelled on "Rest" for the good part of a year,

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest. 
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; 
for I am meek and lowly in heart: 
and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 
For my yoke is easy, 
and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

and now it is time to move on to another phrase in scripture, "That I May Know Him." Knowing He will honor that desire I patiently anticipate how He will teach me, and am thankful that the Creator and Savior has given me the option of Knowing Him.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Philippians 3:8-11




Comments