An Ending

Did I really have a post about how I embraced Winter?


Really?

I embraced it?

How good of me!

However, now that we are at the end
of the 2010-2011 Winter season
my embrace is loosed,
and I am onto
greener pastures.

It's name, of course, is SPRING.

Each Winter I am astonished
how well the Earth sleeps,
and as I stare at the bare tree limbs
and empty garden beds
I wonder about all those wonderful
buds and blooms and colors
coming back.

Yet,
they always return.

Look close and you will already see
bulbs blooming
and the fair Forsythia beginning to color.

Although I was in full embrace of Winter,
now I realize I was needing faithful Spring.

I say farewell to this Winter by sharing with you
a favorite bread recipe.

Cinnamon Bread
Cream 1/2 C. unsalted butter (softened) and 1 C. brown sugar.
Add 2 eggs and 1 t. vanilla.
Add 1C. milk.
Add 1 1/2 C. flour, 1 1/2 t. baking powder, 
1/4 t. salt and 1 T. cinnamon.
Pour into a greased bread loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
Enjoy!


Comments