About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles the adventures I share with my husband, daughter and son. It is also a place to share what I am learning as a homemaker, gardener, book lover and homeschooling mother. Welcome.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wild Strawberries



Although we feed our hens chicken feed,
their diet is mostly grass
(we can tell the difference in the Winter,
the eggs aren't as tastey - truly!).
and table scraps
(they love fruit rinds).

The chickens also love eating critters from the yard - 
especially worms,
even fighting over them.

We discovered the chickens get equally competitive
over the tiny, wild strawberries growing in our yard.

When wandering in a neighboring (abandoned) yard
we found quite the crop,
and my children diligently gathered for the hens.

"Cluck, cluck."
The hens were bellies-full thankful.


No comments: