Sweet Corn


We've been eating kettle corn of late and my daughter said I should put the recipe on the blog. Since this blog is not something we discuss often it was funny she encouraged me to do so!

I love kettle corn, and only recently thought to Google "stovetop kettle corn." Really, I  should have done that a long time ago. If I were daring I would have just thought to add a little sugar to the pan when popping popcorn, which is all that you do.

Turns out it's the little things - we adore sweet corn, as I've started to call it (because it's important to make up names for things), and I'm not sure I'll be able to hold back from adding a little sugar to each pan from now on.



Bowman Sweet Corn
In a medium saucepan add:
  • 3 T. unsalted butter
  • 2 T. white sugar
  • 1/2 C. popcorn
Cover, cook on high heat, shaking the entire time so your sweet corn doesn't burn.
Sprinkle with salt and dig in before everyone else eats it all!

(Other recipes I read used greater quantities of butter/oil and sugar for the same amount of popcorn. The amounts listed above work great for us.)



Comments