card game: egyptian war


Over two decades ago (wow!) my family vacationed in Colorado with other families coming from Missouri and Texas. The teenagers from Texas taught us a game which they called, Egyptian Ratkiller. Great name, huh? I hadn't played the game again until last Fall when my mother-in-law, knowing how much my children love card games, gave me an old Klutz card game book in which I found directions for Egyptian War (the same game by a different name). How fun to share this game so many years later with my children. I will warn you...the game gets competitive and includes slapping! My dear sister, more competitive than her sweet smile lets on, enjoyed playing with Ella and Roone on her birthday and yes, winning the game!

Look up this game here if you want to learn how to play. It is F-U-N.

Comments