homemade: egg noodles

One personal goal I have is to hone my skills in the kitchen so I have the knowledge to make most things from scratch. We are a family who enjoys egg noodles served with beef or chicken, and it has been on my mind to take the plunge and make my own noodles. Yesterday was the day for such a feat!

As with most made from scratch items it turned out that making the noodles was easy and the taste, of course, was wonderful!

Egg Noodles  from allrecipes.com

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Add the beaten egg, milk, and butter. Knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes. Let rest in a covered bowl for 10 minutes.
  2. On a floured surface, roll out to 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired lengths and shapes.
  3. Allow to air dry before cooking.
  4. Cook fresh pasta, in a large pot with boiling salted water cook until al dente.
I used whole milk and unsalted butter. I used my KitchenAid mixer with the dough hook so I didn't knead the dough by hand. I air dried the noodles for about one hour, and cooked them for about 20 minutes.
 
 
Noodles Drying

 Cooked Noodles

Comments