surprise!


Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise. -Alice Walker

We've been gardening for some time now, but I am always surprised by the transformation that takes place during the change of the seasons - from Winter to Spring. Who knew that from seeming lifeless limbs and bare dirt such wonders and beauty could arise!

This climbing rose bush was already planted when we bought our home. It supplies delicate blooms, with a spicy scent, which make an exquisite bouquet. When I picked this bouquet I thought how it would make a lovely, simply bouquet for use at a wedding, then I realized how fortunate I am to pick flowers from my own yard so frequently. I hope if you have flowers blooming in your yard that you bring some inside. There is nothing like naturally scenting your home with roses and peonies, as well as the visual pleasure flowers provide.

Comments