lake of the ozarks state park

Our family took an overnight camping trip to middle Missouri this past weekend to the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks State Park. Although we stayed in a cabin, it qualifies as camping since the cabin was rustic, feeling more primitive than sleeping in a tent if that is possible.

(I loved the mossy roof!)

I'm a bit camera shy, but my daughter caught this picture of me while I was watching my husband grill dinner. Now I know what I look like relaxing in the woods, enjoying creation with my family.


If you are looking for a rustic get-away, where activities include fishing, hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding, then this state park is for you. After visiting here, however, I told my husband that I might be more of a refined country type of lady. Too much roughing it might be too rough for me! (It's always good to know your limits.)

(A creative way to heat our morning tea.)



Comments