About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles the adventures I share with my husband, daughter and son. It is also a place to share what I am learning as a homemaker, gardener, book lover and homeschooling mother. Welcome.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

clinton state park

This weekend we crossed the state line into Kansas to hike at Clinton State Park. It's that time of year where I schedule frequent hikes for our family, and I was not disappointed. I've been searching for a wooded trail, not paved, fairly lengthy. These trails go for miles and miles in the woods on a narrow trail - perfect -, so we began at the eastern most point of the trail and hiked for a good three hours. We experienced it all. Shade, sun, a light drizzle, humidity, bugs and blooms. As always, I'm so thankful for the exercise, fresh air, experience in a new place. This park offers a number of activities with 1,500 acres including fishing, hiking, biking, swimming, camping and cabins. Although it takes a good hour to drive to this park it will be nice to make time to hike there again.

















No comments: