the magician's nephew


Last week my son and I read The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis. This is the first time reading Lewis with my son. My intention was to read aloud together one chapter per day until we finished, but the story was compelling enough that my son begged to read more than that each day so five days was enough to complete it. My daughter then asked about listening to the audio CD's of The Chronicles of Narnia. Once my son got wind of that, he wanted to listen to The Magician's Nephew while reading along. This has been his new thing this week and provided a way for him to have quiet time. I can't ever imagine a time when we stop reading aloud with our children; it is most precious and encourages the love of a great habit, reading.

Children are made readers 
on the laps of their parents.
Emilie Buchwald

Comments