arwen's portrait



Last year a friend posted a dog portrait on her blog that she painted for her parents. I thought it wonderful, and had the idea that maybe she'd be willing to paint a portrait of our faithful Labrador, Arwen. So, I asked, "pretty please," and she said, "yes." 

Above is the amazing result! Our entire family is astounded with the likeness to our canine friend. Julie, the artist, used an 8x10 wrapped canvas for the painting, and I decided on a simple black frame. I didn't want to take anything away from the beauty of the painting. She hangs in our living room, directly across from the couch, and just in front of the hallway so I pass her many times during the day. 

This really is a treasure to us. Arwen is eight-years-old, still so young at heart, and should live many, many more years; yet having this painting is quite meaningful. She came into our family as a puppy when Ella was two-years-old and I was expecting Roone; she has some history you could say.

You can check out Julie's painting process at her blog, Creative Little House. Her entire blog is a compilation of beautiful, frugal ways to make your home a nurturing place. I enjoy reading each and every post.



Comments

She looks so good framed up! Thank you for your nice comments and love an support of my blog!