list of thanks.

I feel like I've lost my mojo somewhere this week. To help me gain perspective, I've been thinking on all the goodness God has provided. Even a week lived without bringing my A-game, is still a wonderful week to be lived.


  • new flowers:gazing at the recently planted pale yellow pansies

  • open window: the ability to now sleep with the windows open: fresh air through the night and the chorus of songbirds in the morning

  • bird viewing: two new bird feeders strategically placed outside the front windows providing bird viewing moments from the sofa

  • gardening:exponential plant growth {if I don't look through the yard each day, I'm going to miss seeing the wonder of it all}

  • stimulating conversation: my husband and I have the most interesting conversations. i enjoy talking with him more than anyone else. our interests are so varied (politics, education, gardening, football, world events, health, spirituality) that I never know what might be discussed.

  • independent learning: the ability to direct my children to do their own assignments

  • the weekend: looking forward to planting a new (hand-me-down) tree

  • baking: homemade pizza eaten last evening

  • quotations: "Since you are like no other being created since the beginning of time, you are incomparable." Brenda Ueland

  • reading: current goodness with the children is The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo and Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott


Comments