the state fair and the zoo


Below are a few pics of our days at the Kansas City Zoo
and the Missouri State Fair.

Last week was so cool, in the 80's, that a morning at the zoo
was the perfect time to see the animals in action.
Even the tortoises were on the move!
Since we have the reputation for making it to the zoo when it is 
either raining or sweltering hot,
I'm tried to turn that experience around for us.
It was a pleasant morning,
and we left before the crowds arrived.






We had never been to the Missouri State Fair,
but it had always been on our To Do list.

It was a fine morning, last Saturday, spent in Sedalia seeing the animals,
drinking lots of Root Beer,
and eating a corn dog for lunch (not a lot of non-greasy options there!).

However, I think once at the fair is enough for us.
I chuck it up to not being a farmer and/or living in the country.
It just wasn't our thing. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the fair.
There was plenty to do, see, eat, experience, purchase,
I guess I'm more of a city girl than I realize.







Comments