homeschool hike

It was my month to host our homeschool get together with a handful of families. Looking at the weather for this week I saw that today's forecast was sunny and in the upper 70's! It's not even Spring and that kind of forecast can pass for a Summer day. For some time I've had the idea of suggesting a hike for our time together, and I thought today would be perfect. Turns out, it was! These families had not hiked at this nature center and park, so it was fun to introduce them to a new resource in our city. All the trails are kid friendly, you just have to watch the trail's length as little legs might get tired sooner than later. I'm not one to schedule outings on a Monday, but knew today would be the best option for our time together. It was a pleasure to enjoy the weather, the woods and the people; what a great way to begin our first week of Spring Break.





Comments