the avett brothers

the avett brothers - starlight theater

We're a bit late to the game on being fans
of the amazing Avett Brothers
but I have to say they are my new favorite musicians.

Thought provoking, honest lyrics combined with a folksy sound
backed up by a banjo, cello, bass, violin, organ, piano and guitar.
One song can be deeply melancholy
and the next so fun.

It was a treat for Jesse and I to see them in concert last week.
It had been two decades since I had last stood for an entire concert!
Below are some lyrics as a tease
if you're interested in listening to them.

Wouldn't it be fine to stand behind
The words we say in the best of times
from Life
~
It must be winter in my heart
There's nothing warm in there at all
I missed the summer and the spring
The floating yellow leaves of fall
from Winter in My Heart
~
She keeps it simple
And I am thankful for her kind of lovin'
'Cause it's simple
from January  Wedding
~
Three words that became hard to say
I and love and you
from I and Love and You
~
Ain't it like most people? I'm no different
We love to talk about things we don't know about
from Ten  Thousand Words
~
When I'm in my sweet daughter's eyes
My heart is now ruined for the rest of all times
There's no part of it left to give.
from A Father's First Spring 
~
It's alright
If you finally stop caring
Just don't go and tell someone that does
Cause even though I know there's hope in
Every morning song
I have to find that melody alone.
from Morning Song



Comments