About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles the adventures I share with my husband, daughter and son. It is also a place to share what I am learning as a homemaker, gardener, book lover and homeschooling mother. Welcome.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

apple pie cookies


It is autumn. The temperatures are cool. The oven is on.
Those three sentences complement each other so well!

Last year I made apple pie cookies for the first time. They were a hit.

What's not to love about apple pie that you can hold in your hand?
I can't find the original link that gave me this idea, but it's very simple.

If you want ultra-simple then simply purchase ready made pie crust and cans of apple pie mix from the store. If you want a more handmade approach then search for an apple pie filling and pie crust that you make yourself. The latter is what I did!

All you do is cut circles from the pie crust with a biscuit cutter, or even a glass will do. Then you add a small scoop of pie filling, put another circle on top, press the edges with a fork and prick the top.

Place on cookie sheets and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

Voila ~ celebrating Autumn ensues via food!




2 comments:

Susanna said...

Martha Stewart has a recipe for hand pies that looks similar; looks delicious. You just need to grow an apple tree now.:)

Rachel said...

We planted four trees in 2014! Maybe we'll get some fruit set next year.